Drinks Retailing Awards win helps Jeroboams ‘develop reputation’
London wine shop chain Jeroboams says its two years as a finalist in the Drinks Retailing Awards have helped it highlight all the elements of its business that enhance its consumer and trade reputation.
The business was the winner of the Small Chain of the Year (now the Regional Chain of the Year) in 2018.
Managing director Hugh Sturges said winning was “a great achievement and an honour for Jeroboams”.
He added: “It is a real source of pride for everyone in the business to be recognised for their passion, knowledge and commitment to the wine and drinks world.
“Within the industry these awards are well-respected and we were delighted to exhibit with pride the DRA stickers on the windows of all our shops, as well as within our direct email correspondence, blogs and on our email footers.
“The passionate procurement of our wine and spirits range is well known, as is our teams' commitment to customer service, but this award allows us to highlight all the extra elements that happen behind the scene to further develop our reputation to our customers and private clients as well as within the trade."
The independent retailer categories of the 2020 awards are open for entries now, until August 16. Enter here. There are categories for all types and size of independent drinks retailers.
Finalists in all of the independent categories will be visited in the autumn ahead of the judging day in December.
The categories are:
- Newcomer of the Year
- Independent Wine Retailer of the Year
- Independent Beer Retailer of the Year
- Independent Spirits Retailer of the Year
- Convenience Drinks Retailer of the Year
- Hybrid Retailer of the Year
- Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year
- Luxury Drinks Retailer of the Year
- Regional Chain of the Year
- Independent Champagne & Sparkling Wine Retailer of the Year
- Drinks Wholesaler of the Year
- Online Retailer of the Year
You can follow the Drinks Retailing Awards on Instagram for further updates on the 2020 competition.